Guest post by Kendra at Kendra Castillo
I grew up in a family that found any excuse to celebrate. Everyday living became its own form of celebrating, so I thought it would be a good idea to take some inspiration from Cinco de Mayo and share my favorite Classic Margarita recipe.
Having a poorly made cocktail is right up there on my “things that should never happen” list. I think there is nothing worse, so when I found out how easy it was to make my own homemade margarita I was in heaven. All you need is 5 ingredients and one of them is salt so I’d like to think it almost doesn’t count as an ingredient (wink).
- 2 Lime wedges
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 ounces premium silver tequila
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- Rub a wedge of lime around the rim of a chilled margarita glass, and salt the rim.
- Fill a bar shaker with ice, fill with liquid ingredients and shake the liquid ingredients vigorously with ice.
- Strain into prepared glasses.
- Squeeze the remaining lime wedge over the drink, and drop it in
- Enjoy your delicious homemade margarita
Hope you enjoy your simple classic margarita in the company of your favorite people!