The spread of Coronavirus has forced California to be under Shelter in Place. This means that all residents should remain at home unless they have essential reasons for going out. To make the most of your time at home, here is a list of free or cheap activities during Shelter in Place.
Initially, I wanted to take this #shelterinplace order and make it a challenge.
How can I still get an amazing workout in my home, can I still eat healthy when the only items left in the store are frozen pizza, how many books can I read, etc.
But, I’m learning to have patience with myself. The situation is out of my control and I need to learn how to roll with the punches.
To make sure you are having fun, trying something new, and able to fight boredom, I came up with a long list of free or cheap activities during Shelter in Place.
Free or cheap activities during Shelter in Place.
- Peloton – The app is free for 90 days Strength, running, yoga, mediation, and stretching classes
- OrangeTheory Fitness– A new 30- minute workout uploaded here daily. No weights needed!
- Barry’s Bootcamp – Twice daily IGTV workout, either with bodyweight or bands.
- Tone it Up – The app is free for 30 days. HIIT, yoga, and strength classes.
- Obé Fitness – The first month of classes is free. Use promo code SWEATSANDCITY.
- CorePower Yoga – free streaming live classes. A limited selection of free classes to download here.
- Core – Daily guided meditation through Live IG Stories. Check their IG for times.
- Pure Barre – get access to Pure Barre On Demand service for FREE for 30 days with code EXTENDEDTRIAL
Crafts + Activities
- Cricut – They added an additional 1,000 images to Design Space for free so you can make more.
- Brit + Co – All online classes are free through 3/31.
- Adobe –Free access to Adobe Creative Cloud until 5/31
- Novorésumé – Get premium access to all resume and cover letter templates. Free for one month, claim by 4/10
TV, Movies, Books
- Starz – $25 for six months.
- Disney+ – Free for one year with Verizon Wireless.
- Showtime – Free 30 day trial.
- Local Library – If you are a member of your local library, use Libby to download free e-books.
If you have any more recommendations, please let me know! I would love to continue adding to this list.