Pinterest has always been the go-to way to save things on the internet. Now when you hover over a picture, “pin it” now says “save”. Pinterest made the decision last week to change the name because “pin it” does not translate around the world.
To keep up with the changing terminology, I have created three “save it” buttons for my readers! Plus, I am going to show you an easy way to install this button on your images.
Download your free Save It button by joining our Creative Resource Library
How to publish your save button on all blog images
1. Once you have logged into your WordPress account, from your Dashboard select “Plugins” -> “Add New.”
2. Search for “jQuery Pin It Button For Images” A couple more plugin options will come up but I have found this particular one to be the best option. Click “Install Now.”
3. Head back to your “Plugins” -> “Installed Plugins” page and make sure “jQuery Pin It Button For Images” has been activated.
4. Once you are sure your plugin has been activated, click on “Settings”
5. Once on the “Settings” page you will be able to choose which pages you would like your “save it” button to show up on. For example, your home page, any “pages” you have made, single posts, etc.
6. This is where you can customize your button with your own image, select the location of your button on your images, the size of your button, and if you’d like your images to become transparent when they are hovered over.
7. Head over to your own blog and look at your awesome, new Pinterest button!