You guys, I shrunk one of my new shirts. The minute that I pulled it out of the dryer, I knew that I had made a mistake. The worst part was that I had just bought the top! But thanks to Google, I saw a tutorial on how to unshrink clothes.
I thought I could wash and dry this top as normal. But for some reason, the shirt decided to shrink up on me and become a crop top. Every time I raised my hands, my belly button would show. I was so bummed.
This is the shirt that I shrunk.
To Unshink Your Favorite Shirt You Will Need:
- Baby Shampoo
- Bath Towel
Here’s What To Do:
1. Fill a sink with a capful of baby shampoo.
2. Soak the shirt for about 15 minutes.
3. DO NOT rinse the shirt. Just wring out the shirt over the sink to remove the excess water and soap.
4. Lay the shirt on the bath towel and starting rolling up the shirt to soak up the water. You want the shirt to be damp but not wet.
5. Now hang dry the shirt.
6. Every so often, gently tug on the shirt to stretch it. Think of it like stretching pizza dough. So about every hour I would check on the shirt and pull a little more. The baby shampoo allows the fibers to relax so this is the perfect time to stretch the shirt a bit. DO NOT BLOW DRY. This is how you got into this mess!
7. Hooray, the next day your shirt will be like new again.
I am so glad I was able to save my shirt! I’m going to be way more careful the next time I do laundry.
Do you have a favorite shirt that you accidentally shrunk? I want to know if this method worked for you!