This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FlavorYourWorld #CollectiveBias
One of my New Year resolutions will be to incorporate more meatless meals into my diet. To get a head start on meal planning for the new year, I just experimented with a delicious spin for Taco Tuesday with this sweet potato and black bean tacos made with TABASCO®.
I do have a sweet spot for anything spicy, so for my recipe, I made my sweet potatoes with TABASCO®.
TABASCO® can be used as an ingredient or a condiment in your favorite dishes. I personally love using TABASCO® Sauce in dishes like jambalaya, adding a dash on oysters, and even on my eggs. The sauce never overpowers the dish, only enhances the taste!
Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos
Sweet potatoes couldn’t be easier to make. I like to bake mine because it’s a foolproof way to make sure they are well seasoned and perfectly crisp.
While the sweet potatoes are baking, it’s time to prep the black beans and taco toppings.
I love using Amy’s black beans since they are vegetarian! All you need to do is heat up a can on the stove and you’re all set.
Once the sweet potatoes are done baking, I quickly take them out of the oven and while they are cooling I dash on lots of TABASCO® Sauce.
Now all you need to do is build your tacos!
For my taco toppings, I added shredded cabbage, sliced radishes for extra crunch, and dashes of TABASCO® Green Jalapeño Sauce. This TABASCO® Sauce is a bit milder than the original sauce and a great addition to any Mexican food!
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- Here is how to make your own taco seasoning!
- 4 tsp salt
4 tsp cumin
4 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- flour or corn tortillas (your choice!)
- Sliced radishes
- Shredded cabbage
- 1 can re-friend black beans
- 2 radishes (thinly sliced)
- Your favorite TABASCO® Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut sweet potatoes into small bite-sized pieces. Coat with the olive oil and taco seasoning. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are done, dash on as much TABASCO® Sauce as you would like. For this recipe, I used the original TABASCO® Sauce on the sweet potatoes and TABASCO® Green Jalapeño Sauce as a condiment.
- Heat up a can of your favorite re-fried black beans. I am a fan of Amy’s if you want to make sure this recipe is vegetarian.
- While the sweet potatoes cool down, set out your favorite condiments.
- Divide the sweet potato black bean mixture on each of the tortillas. Add radishes, shredded cabbage, and TABASCO® Green Jalapeño Sauce
Enjoy those tacos! If you have a lot of sweet potatoes and black beans left over, use them again in the morning with a fried egg on top. Yum!