I have super straight hair that seemed to never want to hold a curl. I would have hair dressers attempting this feat, to prove me wrong, by shellacking my hair with hair spray in order for the curl to stay put. But who wants helmet hair? Yeah, didn’t think so. Now I have found some tips and tricks and I found the secret to getting your curls to last all day.
I never wash, dry, and curl my hair the same day because I feel like that is too much damage to my hair. But what I like to do is curl my hair the day after I wash. I can go as long as three – four days without washing my hair if I refresh my curls!
How I curl my hair
- I start by curling my next-day hair with the 1.25″ GHD Curl Soft iron. This is a classic wand that has a clip on it. I wrap my hair from mid shaft down, but not include the ends.
- After curling my hair all the way around my hair, I then let my hair cool down from the heat.
- When my hair is cooled down, I then lightly spray my hair with TRESemmé Compressed Micro Mist Hair Spray Extend Hold Level 3
No more helmet head! Just smooth soft curls that I can run my fingers through!
Special tips when curling hair
- I only brush my hair before curling, but I never brush my hair after I have curled my hair.
- Using the right hairspray is key. The TRESemmé Compressed Micro Mist Hair Spray has just enough hold, but I can still run my fingers through my hair.
- Hold your iron vertical when curling for looser curls.
- The bigger the curling iron, the looser the curl. I use 1.25″ because it’s a medium curl.
- Practice makes perfect! I used to be so bad at curling my hair and now I can do it all in under 10 minutes.
If you are interested in the hair spray I am using, head over to Walmart to pick up your favorite TRESemmé Compressed Micro Mist Hair Spray.