This post is sponsored by McCormick® but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
This holiday season, I am looking forward to my entire family coming together in one house. It’s been a few years since the whole family was able to spend Thanksgiving together, so this year will be really special.
With the whole family under one room, it’s going to be a bit chaotic, but I am excited for all of us to spend quality time together.
For us, quality time means lots of food and drinks. I love putting together traditional dishes that have a modern spin on them because these are the dishes we look forward to each holiday! I mean, can you imagine if we didn’t have pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving? Blasphemy.
In our home, it’s classic pumpkin pie or bust. It’s really hard to compete with a classic holiday pie!
Here’s what I used from the McCormick® Signature Pumpkin Pie recipe.
- 1 frozen unbaked deep dish pie crust, 9-inch
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place frozen pie crust on a large foil-lined baking sheet.
- Mix pumpkin, milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla in large bowl until smooth. Pour into crust.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake 40 minutes longer or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack. Serve with whipped cream…because it’s the decent thing to do.
Spiked Apple Cider Cocktail
Hey, ’tis the season. If you have your entire family under one roof, you may want to try out this cocktail. For the little ones, remove the alcohol.
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Apple Pie Spice
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Bring apple cider, caramel topping, and apple pie spice to simmer in a medium saucepan. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour into serving cups.
- Add 1oz of your favorite dark rum.
- Serve topped with whipped cream, additional caramel topping, and apple pie spice, if desired.
This holiday season, I encourage you to visit your local Walmart store to explore their wide variety of McCormick® Extract, Herbs & Spices, and Gravy products.
Oh, and I want to know what you are serving this holiday season! Share your favorite holiday dish below in the comments!