Guest post by Kristen at Everyday Grace
Overnight oats, I’m sure you’ve heard of them, as they are currently all the rage, but have you tried them?
I’ve been reading about overnight oats on every blog, in every magazine and all over cooking shows for the past 6 months, so I knew I had to try them!
I made these last Friday so that breakfast on Saturday would be a little easier and let me tell you, they were fantastic.
I looked around online for all types of recipes and after finding tons, I mixed and matched different recipes to come up with this one!
Since it was Saturday, I made two bowls, since apparently I was going for fiancé-of-the-year that morning.
Based on my fiancé’s reaction when I served them, I think I’m going to win! I hope you all enjoy these oats as much as I did.
- 1/3 cup steel cut oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- ½ banana
- 2 handfulls of blueberries
- 1 handful of cranberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix together all the ingredients.
- Cover and place in the fridge overnight (or at least for 2 hours).
- In the am, top with sliced strawberries, some extra blueberries and maybe, if you’re feeling risky, some warmed up almond butter.
- Make sure to serve with a delicious cup of coffee in your favorite mug!