This post was sponsored by See Monterey but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
This weekend Ernie and I are off to celebrate his birthday in Monterey, California. While we are there we will be enjoying all that Monterey has to offer. Our plans include lots of wine tasting, lots of walking around downtown, and plenty of relaxing. Here’s what I recommend bringing on your trip to Monterey so you can relax and have fun.
- Living Proof Dry Shampoo I swear I would last a week after I cut bangs if it wasn’t for Living Proof. You can already assume, but oily bangs are not a great look. This is hands down the best dry shampoo out there. All I need is a few sprays and my bangs are perfect again. Plus the rest of my hair looks incredible without washing my hair.
- Lily Jade Over the weekend, I attended the Elevate Blog Conference in Newport Beach. This is now my 5th time attending the conference, and I don’t see myself missing a year. Well, Summer and Jen outdid themselves again, and this conference was incredible. To top it off, I won a Lily Jade purse. This is not just a baby bag (but yes it comes with a changing pad), but I think of it as a multi-function tote. I won the Madeline bag in forest green and it has become my new favorite purse. My husband even loves it because I can stick my house keys on the outside pock and never lose track of them. Now this purse is going to come in handy in Monterey so I can transition to a backpack style when I am wine drinking!
- Mophie This iPhone case is a lifesaver! No need to be attached to an external battery when I have my Mophie case. With the flick of a switch, my phone is charging to 100% once again.
- Birkenstocks OK, I have been loving this sandals since fifth grade. I don’t care if they are grandma looking, or out of season, these are the most comfortable sandals out there. I will be doing lots of walking around Monterey and Carmel, and these sandals will come in handy. There are a lot of cobblestones in Carmel, and being the clumsy person I am, fancy shoes and I don’t agree with each other.
- Uniqlo Puffer Vest Yes, just because we are on the verge of summer weather doesn’t mean that NorCal agrees. The weather can change in an instant on the coast, so it’s best to carry and extra layer. I am a huge fan of this vest from Uniqlo because it can be rolled down into a bag. Just throw it in your purse just in case you get cold!
- Boyfriend Jeans How I love boyfriend jeans! Perfect for my boho style, these jeans are meant to be relaxed and easy to wear. So when my jeans get stretchy throughout the day, I actually appreciate the looser fit! Skinny jeans are no fun when you want to eat decadent foods and lots of wine!
So there you have it! This is my essential list for my weekend getaway to Monterey. Stay tuned for my recap post on our time in Monterey. Plus we will be staying at Hofsas House again!
Have you been to Monterey? What are some of your favorite places to see? Leave me a comment below so I can add them to my list of stops!
See Monterey will be giving away 5 pairs of ticks to the Monterey Bay Aquarium! To enter, all you have to do is comment below! See Monterey will be selecting the top 5 comments to determine the winner. Tickets expire 7/31/16. #GrabYourMoment